Location: Near Kileshwar Mahadev Mandir, Kileshwar Road, Madh, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400061.
Madh Fort is a small fort in northern Mumbai, India situated at Madh Island. It was built by the Portuguese in Portuguese occupied India. They lost it during the war against Maratha Esmpire when the Maratha Empire captured it in February 1739. The British occupied Salsette Island, Thana Fort, Fort Versova, and the island fort of Karanja in 1774.
It offers a strategic view of the coastline and guards the Marve Creek. Its external façade is intact but internally it is dilapidated. It is under control of the Indian Air Force as it is located close to an Indian Air Force base and permission is needed for accessing it. Madh Fort is not open to the public, and it is surrounded by local fishermen communities.